July 16, 2013

Day 9: Why Blog?

This is part of a 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge from Good Books and Good Wine.

Previous Posts

Day 1: Confessions                      Day 5: Tearjerker
Day 2: Bedtime Ritual Day 6: Book Shopping!
Day 3: Blogging BFFs Day 7: Blogging Quirks
Day 4: Book Flinging Day 8: Blog Appeal

Why do you blog about books?

Wow. Ok, so there's a little bit of a story behind this. I actually didn't start this with the intention of actually blogging. I didn't actually want to blog at all. I didn't even have a blog. The blog came later. The whole thing started when I started reviewing books just because I missed writing papers for school (can you imagine!) and wanted to share my opinions. Then I decided to find a book group so that I could be involved in actual discussions. I couldn't find one where I lived though, but eventually found Ladies & Literature on Goodreads. We had a lot of great discussions which lead to even greater reviews.

I had all these reviews now and no way to really sort them and view them nicely. Goodreads has great tools for this, but I was more focused on sorting all my books than just the one's I reviewed. So I decided to start a blog to organize my reviews and offer an easy way to share them with friends.

Then people started reading what I wrote and commenting on it, and I thought, "This is so cool!" So I've been building it up to actually work and look like a blog. The whole blogging thing was just secondary. I just wanted to review books.

No comments:

Post a Comment