April 1, 2013

Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)

Find on Goodreads
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy
Rating:

One of the most imaginative and captivating books I've ever read! But only 4 stars because of how long winded he was. I've found my favorite characters and my least favorites. My least favorites as you can imagine are the ones that seem to drag on the most. My absolute favorites right now are Bran and Arya. I much prefer the way Martin wrote their activities at the end of the book than how they were enacted at the end of season 2 of the TV show.

The first book of this series was amazing--lots of action, lots of drama. The second book...not so much. Even though I understand that drama after drama can get repetitive, boring, and cluttered, I wish more had happened. The second book largely seemed to move characters around and explain situations. It wasn't until the last third that the pace picked back up to where it had been at the beginning of the book.

I highly recommend reading first before watching the TV show, otherwise you're fingers are going to itch and want to turn the page and skip ahead.

All-in-all, an amazing book. Heading straight to book 3 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment