March 9, 2013

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

Find Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet on Goodreads
Genres/Themes: Historical Fiction, Romance, World War II
My Rating: ★★★★☆

I wanted to rate this book lower because of the time discrepancies (Internet support group? Laser digital copying? In the 80s? I don't think so), but I just couldn't do it. The last 5 chapters were the deciding factor. I would like to recommend that if you are going to read this, pretend that every time it says 1986 it actually says 2001.

The plot was very good, but could have been written better. The transition between time periods could have been done better, but that aside, it was a very touching love story. Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way you want it, and that's what happened with this story, but that doesn't mean that you can't have a happy ending.

So much I want to say, but so many spoilers, so enter at your own risk!
[Show Spoiler]

No comments:

Post a Comment