January 6, 2013

Conrad's Fate (Chrestomanci #5/#2)

Find Conrad's Fate on Goodreads
Genre/Themes: Adventure, Fantasy
My Rating: ★★★★☆

To clarify, this is book 5 in the series/published and book 2 in chronological time order.

I'm glad I decided to read this series in chronological order rather than published order. I think there were some things that just made more sense doing it that way. The end was definitely a twist. I didn't expect it. And to some point the twist was almost too much. The end also finished rather suddenly. Everything was solved in the last 15 pages and then a short summation about the future events of the characters. With the rest of the book being so drawn out, it was like the author was given a set amount of pages and then realized she needed to finish the book quickly. If it wasn't for that, I'd have given 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment