December 16, 2012

The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole #1)

Find The Capture on Goodreads
Genres/Themes: Adventure, Fantasy
My Rating: ★☆

The movie was so much better.  There are a lot of potentially exciting events in this story, but the writing style is so amateur and flat that I was practically bored to tears reading this. There are also a lot of weird things about St. Aggies and the songs were...interesting. It was like she was trying to make a complex novel like Game of Thrones or something but over simplified it or didn't know how to correctly go about it.

I understand that this is supposed to be a children's novel, but I've read many children's novels that just completely drew me into the story. You know that point that you just stop noticing the words and the story is just running through your head? I didn't get that here. The Borrowers did a great job of that for example.

Game of Thrones meets The Little Engine That Could

No comments:

Post a Comment