December 9, 2012

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)

Find Game of Thrones on Goodreads
Genres/Themes: Adventure, Fantasy
My Rating: ★★★★★

I'd never heard of this series until the TV show started. Once I got about 50 pages in, I was completely drawn in and couldn't put it down. It did kind of slow off toward the end though, and I just wanted it to end in the last 100 pages so that I could move on to the next book. So far, my favorite character is Arya. I wish they would show her more. Arya and Nymeria are also my favorite names in the book, so it makes it even more fun for me to read. I love the creativity in the name and place choices.

I also recommend readers to watch the TV show if you haven't yet. Although not as good as the book, it is very well done. Also visa versa, I would recommend watchers of the show to read the books. There are quite a few things that were done in the show that are explained in the books. Some of them, you don't even realize they need explaining until you read about it in the books.

I found it funny that they casted Northern Inuits as wolves in the show. It was one of the breeds I was looking at to adopt 5 years ago before I adopted my husky. But you can't seem to find them in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment