November 17, 2012

The Lives of Christopher Chant (Chrestomanci #4/#1)

Find The Lives of Christopher Chant on Goodreads
Genres/Themes: Adventure, Fantasy
My Rating: ★★★★☆

I wanted to read this again since the last time I read it was in junior high. I decided that I would read this series in chronological order rather than published order, hence the funny numbering in the title. It was as good as I remembered it. I love her books. They're so creative!

Christopher lives in a world where magic is possible. Unknowingly to him, he has the potential to be the strongest magician in all the worlds. Without realizing it, he taps into that magic and is able to travel to other worlds while he sleeps. 

Jones' worlds are wonderfully creative, full of dragons, mermaids, and other creatures. You are pulled right into the story, and when you're done, you're left with the feeling of wishing you could be magical and visit the worlds she's created.

No comments:

Post a Comment