November 8, 2012

Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle #1)

Find Howl's Moving Castle on Goodreads
Genres/Themes: Adventure, Fantasy
My Rating: ★★★★★

I was kind of worried about reading this since I'd already seen the movie. I didn't even realize there was a book until I just happened upon it, and then I had to laugh when I saw it was written by Diana Wynne Jones. I've found more of her books because I happened across them, read them, liked them, and then put two and two together.

Anyways, even though I've seen the movie, I really enjoyed the book. It was just different enough and had enough extra details that weren't in the movie to keep me reading. It was fun to see what details were used and how they were used in the book versus the movie. Often I find that the writing style of books-turned-into-movies isn't as gripping as the movie. Not so here! Now I can't wait to read Castle in the Air and compare it to Castle in the Sky!


All-in-all, I thought this was the best book-turned-movie that I'd read after seeing the movie first. I'm glad I did it that way. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the movie as much as I do if I had read the book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment